Wednesday 2 February 2022

Checking out the Open Exhibition.

I went to the Arts Centre this morning to check out the Open exhibition. There are over 300 exhibits. I found my Spirals. 
And on the same wall a bit further along are the other two. Fantastic Plastic, and Hidden Treasure. 

I particularly liked the paper sculptures. The detail is amazing. Very clever. 



David Hockney is looking good. 

I had a lovely chat with the young lady who works there. It made the visit so much more enjoyable to be able to talk with a young artist. I have more photo's and a video which I will put on tomorrow.

It was warm enough today to do a five mile walk. When I got back into the village I called in to have a coffee with Angela. We had a catch up chat.

It's nearly bed time so I'll say Toodle pip and see you tomorrow. ilona

11 comments:

  1. Well done in having your works exhibited !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the open exhibitions - they give everyone a chance to show their art. Great to see yours in situ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them for the same reasons. There is a lot of talent out there, and allowing people to exhibit their work helps boost confidence and encourages them to make more art.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful to see your art on display. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant ilona๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’–.. you deserve your art work up there
    Grayson Perry tv program was on last night

    Lotsa love Levi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to see Grayson's programme but don't know where to look. I don't have a TV licence so I am a bit limited. I am not signed up for any extra channels because I wont pay for them and I don't have a TV set.

      Delete
    2. Channel four I think ilona-❤it's on, when it ends it'll be uploaded to YouTube hehehe ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  5. Your art looks wonderful on the wall like that. well done Ilona.
    I'm guessing that the figures are papier mache. We used to do a lot of papier mache years ago and I remember Tom made a couple of birds for the garden, he varnished them with yacht varnish and they lasted quite a long time.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it looks ok. I wish they hadn't placed them all so close together, but I guess that's standard practice. Every artist wants their work to stand out from the crowd because justifiably they are proud of it. I've seen videos of the open exhibition at the Tate, and their walls are full from floor to ceiling.

      I've always fancied doing some papier mache but don't like my hands being covered in gooooo. I think that's why I steer clear of painting and pottery.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.