Wednesday 9 February 2022

Brothers divided

 My brother went in a different direction to me and the rest of the family after we left school. It is sad when families lose touch with each other. Stephen joined the army cadets then the regular army. It didn't do him any favours. He was a sensitive soul and that environment was wrong for him. The army changed him. 

He became a drifter with no clear goal about his future. Eventually he ended up in India. I tried to keep in touch with him, but we didn't see him for about 17 years. One day an email came from his Indian wife. He was gravelly ill in the hospital, his time was limited. There was no time for me and my sister to go to India. It happened quickly and he passed away. He was my younger brother, two years younger than me. He was 59. 

I have an older half brother. He was brought up in Germany. We finally got to meet him because he found us at the age of 37. We met several times, him coming here and me going there. He will be approaching 80 now. Communications between us stopped once we were able to give him all the information he asked for about our mother. Now he sends a Christmas card to our sister, I don't get one.

So now I have no brothers. The reason I tell you these things is because I have just listened to an interview of Kyle Kemper, half brother of Justin Trudeau. It has made me think about my brothers. It made me sad to listen to Kyle, how communications in his family have broken down. He explains how the two brothers have gone in different directions. They are miles apart in their thinking. I hope they can come together again. Watch the video and read the article here.   

Catch ya later.   ilona

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link. Yes it's hard when families drift apart but I feel better to accept that some of our loved ones don't always love us back and at times trying to maintain relationships causes us pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sad to read about your brother. Families are difficult sometimes. I am the oldest of 6 we all lived with my GM my Mum & Dad moved with 4 siblings they moved on with another i and I stayed with my GM which was good for me. I fell out with my Dad and never saw my siblings or Mum for 5 years (1960) my father got in touch and wanted me to get back with the family - by then I was married and had 2 children. We all met up and everything has been fine, I keep in touch with my siblings and other family. We are all close now and they have been wonderful thru the sad times I have been (losing my Husband and Son) My family are important to me I have friends but my family are always there.
    I am pleased you and your sister are close.
    Hazel๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending (love❤) "ilona" how sad -you'll have many relations in Germany than , with your mum being German
    and family's cut contact especially after parent's death when inheritance is involved and than they stop speaking that's sad ๐Ÿ˜”,
    Levi x
    (ps)
    Have a (blessed) day meanqueen HaPpy walking ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just watched several clips of Trudeau in Parliament today. It's painful to listen to him. He does not answer any questions put to him by the opposition. He repeats over and over again the same mantra. The truckers are at fault for causing the rise in prices, the only way out of this is to get everyone jabbed. It's obvious he is reading from a script.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ilona,
      I'm not religious but I'm praying now. God help this country - Canada will be in serious trouble if we don't get rid of the coward.
      Have a great day.
      Kelly in Canada

      Delete
  5. I have one brother, 2 years younger than me, and no sisters. Even though we're on opposite sides of the world now, we FaceTime about once a month for as long as 2 hours. I'm sure it would be longer sometimes, if it wasn't for the time difference, and it being my bedtime. Whenever I hear the Hollies hit, He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother, it's my brother I think of, and it always will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son moved to Canada nearly 6 years ago. If he says something, I know not to question it, because it will be the truth. In a recent email, he wrote this about Canada, and elsewhere:
    "A totally corrupt political system, though I guess that’s the same everywhere."
    Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's the same everywhere. Elected Governments are not working for their constituents, they are working for those who issue them with orders.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.