Tuesday 8 February 2022

Keeping the place tidy

After much faffing this morning, I left it too late to go for a decent walk. I needed to get out though so I thought the next best thing is to do some litter picking. No need to walk fast, just saunter along and spot the litter stuck in the hedge bottom along a busy road. I put my yellow vest on, I didn't want to get splattered on the tarmac. There is a footpath on one side, and as the litter is on both sides it involved a lot of crisscrossing to pick it up. Luckily there is only one bend in the road, so I had to be a bit careful at that point. 
I filled my bag four times and emptied it at four different places. These bins are at the back of the cafe at the park. 
Mr Peacock came to see what I was doing. I think it was hoping for a bite to eat. 

Exiting the park I see the snowdrops are out along the edge of the wall. 

I had to give up litter picking on the way back. It was difficult to see it in the dark. I emptied the last bag into the bin at the end of my road. 

Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

4 comments:

  1. I hope your community and your local government appreciate you. You work hard at keeping your village tidy. You go above and beyond. You are such a good soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's astounding how much litter you can find on one of these trips. Thank you for doing this for your village.

    Amanda, Sussex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of that verse in the Bible about the poor always being with us. The same could be said of litter. It could always be worse, if there weren't people like you ilona, clearing up after others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. πŸ‘ great work ilona❤
    It's nice you do this for your village🏑 /community πŸ‘³πŸ‘±πŸ‘²πŸ‘·πŸ’πŸ‘₯πŸ‘€
    You are a "🌟"

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.