Tuesday 22 February 2022

Yummmmmy

Breakfast this morning. One portion of chip shop chips and half a tin of mushy peas. 

They were very big portions from the chip shop yesterday in Barton. Angela treated me, she had the same. £2.20 each which I thought was a bit expensive. I suppose when you add on the costs of running a shop, it is quite a big one, then that will bump the price up. 
I split mine into three portions. I consider this as a treat. Not something to eat on a regular basis. 
It's turning into another rough weather day today. Still windy, with some showers. I need to find a one hour slot when it isn't raining, to take Billy dog out. 
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.  ilona

4 comments:

  1. I recently stocked up on tins of mushy peas - small tins as more suitable as I'm on my own now, cheap to buy; I've a notion to make pea fritters now :) I can buy decent chips from my fish delivery people at £2, which is plenty big enough for two portions, 10 - 15 minutes in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had mushy peas here in the US. But I do LOVE peas. After a super nice day here in WV the weather has completely flipped. I just got home from work, skies opened up with rain. 70% chance of rain all night. Then turn cold and snowy for the weekend. A few days gives us a little teaser. But I am ready for spring. I love chips (fries here in my neck of the world. I love potatoes any way you make them. Stay warm and dry 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from Dorset down south when I was in my twenty's I lived up north for some time.the favourite Friday night food was chips mushy peas and gravy lol good idea to split the big portion of chips into smaller ones lolx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never had mushy peas here in the states but do make a lot of green split pea soup. Have a nice day Thursday my friend

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.