Monday 21 February 2022

Second time around

 Good morning. It's Monday and I am going to the Scrapstore. A comment came in overnight which I think deserves it's own post. When a reader takes the time to write at length about how she sees the current situation, and she has views which you won't find on main stream media, I am happy to give her comment another airing. Things soon get buried on blogs, many people won't go back for a second and third look. So here it is in your face, for a second time. Thank you Zoe.   Catch ya later.   ilona 

Gill, I am a Brit living in Canada for many years. Also in Ontario. I have been following this all very closely for the past few weeks. I am a retired RN, Midwife and Nurse Practitioner of 46 years -just saying this so you know I'm not prone to flights of fancy. Do NOT believe MSM -the CBC is owned by the government. Trudeau has spent over a billion $$ to buy it. It's government controlled. You can google that as a fact. There are numerous videos on you tube to show that it was an elderly Indigenous person with a WALKER that was trampled by the police horse -and NOT a bike being thrown at the horse. You can see the actual video on you tube too. Together with a 78yr old 4'10" man that was thrown to the ground by 2 police officers twice his size, handcuffed and dragged away by them. The photos of the police -dressed like storm troopers holding batons and machine guns was horrifying. Please open your eyes- I know I have these past 2 weeks. I've been following the Parliamentary debates for 2 weeks- Justin Trudeau never, ever answers a direct question and has walked out 3 x when challenged. We know he went into hiding when the truckers arrived and he has consistently refused to meet with them-what kind of leader does that? The original intent of the truckers was to protest at the vaccine mandates for them, together with the 14 day quarantine on return back to Canada for those not vaccinated. For 2 years the truckers have been crossing the border with none of these mandates. Bear in mind over 90% of truckers are vaccinated and also that mandates will shortly be lifted for all of us. So why bother at this late stage of the game when it wasn't required before? It has now morphed into much more than this and it HAS become a control issue by the PM The truckers have been threatened with Children's Aid investigating them (in theory their children could be taken away from them), bank accounts/credit cards/insurance have been frozen. What happens down the line if we disagree with the government -they could do this to anyone. Also credit ratings have been affected -there's so many things they have been threatened with. I am totally horrified and sickened by it all. This was a peaceful protest -as I said do not believe what you hear on MSM - I have watched numerous sources and on the ground sources and the only violence I have seen was that committed by the police. Enacting the Emergency Measures Act
which has only been used 3 x in the past(WW1 and WW2 and during the PLQ crisis in 1970) BEFORE any other measures including meeting with the truckers, was undertaken, shows a deranged and despotic PM.
In the past few days I have been ashamed to call myself a Canadian. Never, ever did I envision this in our so called democratic country. I fear for the future of my g'children. It really has opened my eyes. It's so important to do our own research.
Yes, I'm triple vaxxed and yes, I support the truckers- I went on a local protest convoy last week-well organised and peaceful. I have also written/e-mailed our local MPP and MP , Doug Ford and a big letter of complaint to my bank-the TD -which froze personal accounts of people who donated to GoFundMe.
And finally, I totally agree with the truckers taking their kids with them to participate -why shouldn't they. The kids were NOT upfront and centre-never saw one anywhere near the protesters. They were either playing in the bouncy castles or the road rinks. there were no children seen during the hold-the -line protests. I've also taken my g'kids on protests e.g.. in support of our library. It's never to young to learn about freedom of speech/ freedom of expression etc. It's a good learning curve for them on democracy - well it was, not now.

12 comments:

  1. The elites that have gotten themselves politically into office are beyond my understanding. I am at a point where I think the DEVIL is building his army and soon the war of all wars will take place. God help us. ~JackieSee~

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see the terrible rules and regulations in other countries I am so glad I'm in the UK. Forced vaccines, internment, fines, banned from shopping etc Police brutality against protests with water cannons, teargas, rubber bullets, bank a/c frozen it just goes on and on.
    And for what? A vaccine that doesn't prevent infection or transmission.
    We're nowhere near perfect here in the UK but we have much more freedom than a lot of other countries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are not so bad off in the UK, but Boris needs watching. When you see the Australian quarantine camps already built, and new ones being planned, that is frightening.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Ilona.
    I have been following your blog (and other UK ones) when I've been homesick but I've never commented before now.
    I actually hail from Nottingham which is either up or down from your neck of the woods. I can't remember!
    This whole situation is totally frightening and has led to many sleepless nights for me.
    These protests have always been peaceful from the get go and even when the truckers were being intimidated by the Storm Troopers, they held their peace. The truckers have been name called - hillbillies, Nazis, white supremacists
    and that is by our politicians!!! I was always taught not to knock the hand that feeds you -and I mean that in a literal sense as the truckers bring in all our food. I also have a soft spot for them, as a student nurse in the 70's in London, my friend and myself would hitchhike up to Nottingham from Hendon-up the M1. We got rides a majority of the time from lorry drivers who often went out of their way to get us home. We always felt safe with them. They have been treated here like criminals.
    Today Parliament is debating the Emergency Measures Act. The truckers have left Ottawa and the streets around Parliament are empty. Yet the govt. still wants to enforce this Act! I read also today that Trudeau wants it in place for 2 months!!!! Interestingly, there has been major vandalism in northern BC in the last few days to do with the oil pipeline there. 20 or so eco-terrorists causing millions of $$ of damage but nothing has been said in the MSM about that.
    The truckers have not lost by any means-they will regroup at some point. Meanwhile their protest has gained high visibility throughout the world to show what a dictatorial and authoritarian leader looks like. It has also maybe woken up the very laid back Canadians who have voted in the past with very little background research on whom they've voted for. Due to the weird voting system here and distribution of population - general elections are very unequal.
    I have never voted for Trudeau-I still can't get over that a part time drama teacher and snowboard instructor got this far. In truth he got in on his father's coattails, the backing of elites and $$. The Brits may complain about Boris but at least he is an educated buffoon!!
    I probably won't comment on this again as I find this so draining but just to let you know how much I enjoy your blog!! And especially your walks in the countryside!! I also make up weird concoctions with my food lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming back on this. I have just read that the Emergencies Act has been passed. That is a blow for democracy. I am sure the good people of Canada won't take this lying down. I hope their spirit does not die and they continue to fight for the freedom of their fellow Canadians.

      There are five leaders names that I can think of at the moment who should be toppled. Trudeau, Arden, Andrews, Macron, and Newsom. If Johnson tries to play silly buggers again his days are numbered. There are probably a lot more.

      Delete
    2. Final comment - the Act still has to be passed by the Senate today but seeing as over 50% of the Senators have been appointed by Trudeau, I'm not holding my breath. The more I research all of this, the murkier it becomes!

      Delete
    3. Still a chance then. Before this happened I didn't have any interest in politics. Now I know what a cess pit all this is. Definitely murky. It's looking like some jiggery pokery has been going on in the Andrews camp in Victoria. I am trying hard to believe in Karma.

      Delete
  4. I love the blog comment you posted written by someone living in Canada who supports the truckers, as I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It warms me to think there are more people getting it.

      Delete
  5. https://www.gbnews.uk/news/justin-trudeau-secures-victory-to-extend-emergency-powers-over-canada-truck-protests/231767

    Sad thing is, a fair number of Canadians want this.

    Justin Trudeau secures victory to extend tyrannical powers over Canadians who disobey...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to add this comment here. There is a news channel called Gravitas. Wion are the publishers, it's on yoootooob. The presenter is very direct and to the point with her words, and easy to follow. In this video she reports on how Big Pharma pushes dangerous drugs and reaps profits.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCciAJJMt9Q

    The pandemic has revealed the power of big pharma. Major drug manufacturers and suppliers have the power to set prices, influence regulators and lobby lawmakers. This power has allowed big pharma to push potentially dangerous drugs. How? Palki Sharma tells you.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.