Monday 7 February 2022

All you need is . . . . . .

Something to keep the hands busy. 



I bought four small canvases from a charity shop for 50p. What can I do with them. 
Cut four pieces of colourful cotton fabric, add iron on stabiliser to the back. Choose four foam letters from a kids game. I found these at a house clearance. Sew them on. 
Add beads and embroidery. Stretch and lace the fabric at the back. 
Cut a piece of board 21cm x 21cm. Stretch a piece of dark fabric over it and lace at the back. Mark the positions of the canvasses and put four small screws in the corners of each one. Stop when you feel the screws coming through to the front. Place the letters one by one where the screws are appearing and screw fully down. Check positions of each one. 
I did think about putting a second slightly bigger board with a contrasting colour, on the back. Decided not to. My friend Angela says it looks fine as it is. I agreed with her. 


Cover the back with a piece of dark blue felt. Add two screws and wire for hanging. 
Superdooper, finished. 

Now it's time for lunch. Doggy walk this afternoon, and think about what I am going to make next. Thank you to those who send comments. We'll catch up soon.

Toodle pip.   ilona 

9 comments:

  1. Now I have that Beatles song chewing in my ear,lol.The canvases look great and I think a bit of love is what we all need at the moment!I am off for a bit of a walk myself this afternoon.Just taking the long way round to my Mams house.I neeeeeeeeeeeeed fresh air,lolxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the funky seventies vibe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. L O V E it, so colourful and cheerful 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful idea and work as always well done i love the colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you can look at blank canvases and come up with such great ideas. God has gifted you for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn E. here from Pecos, NM. Your work is great! So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative! Nice to see your art on the wall too. In the previous post. Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and yet profound. To me, the greatest word there is. Being a man of a certain age, 70, I did metalwork and woodwork at school, not needlework and cookery, so I'm not a crafty person. My mum once helped me knit a pair of trunks for my teddy, named Ivy after a famous bear at London Zoo when I was born. You're very talented ilona.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitching there, the canvases look lovely

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.