Sunday 31 December 2023

Are you ready for 2024

Hello peeps, I've just been out for an early walk. Changing my routine slightly. I have a two mile walk around the village, if I do that twice a day that will easily cover the distance I need for the challenge. Then if I walk in other places as and when I feel like it, I will be sailing along. 
I met another walker this morning. I hadn't seen her before because I usually walk in the afternoon. We stopped to chat, me asking the first question, how far do you walk? I was pleasantly chuffed to hear her story. She hes been doing the 1000 miles for eight years, and often achieves more than the target. She has amazingly lost three stone in weight during that time. Exercise combined with sensible eating can have that effect, although it should be noted that exercise alone is not enough to lose weight.  
A video I knocked out yesterday.
Now it's countdown time to a new year. Those with pets, a reminder to get them indoors tonight. I expect there will be some flashes and loud bangs at midnight. 
Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. Debi from Leicester.Good morning Ilona and a very Happy New Year to you!!Im looking forward so much to doing more walking this year.Last year wasnt a great year all round so I know that walking can make me feel better about things.I am going to start by setting an hour each day,which will get me 3 miles in and then try and up it from there.Hubby is still keen to join in as well!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debi. Good idea to share the joys of walking with hubby.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.