Wednesday 27 December 2023

Lovely subscribers

Hello. Here is a little vid I made this morning. 
My subscribers list is growing. I am blessed that so many people want to watch my videos. I am just me.  What you see is what you get. The total now stands at 9.15k, and a lot of new subscribers are  commenting for the first time. 
Some of them have been following me for a long time. They leave me some lovely comments. I don't mind if people fall out with me here on the blog, and complain that they can't comment. Those that know me well know the reasons why I do that.
Here is a sample of recent comments from yooootooob. 
It is so nice to see you on here today. Your uploads make my day, as you're such a lovely lady.
Merry Christmas. ! Am stuck in bed with the flu but your video cheered me up.
Merry Christmas from across the pond. Just found your channel and love your content. Going to binge on some of your earlier vids. Love from Texas
Merry Christmas wonderful lady, I really admire your mindset...always happy, always grateful,
A very Merry Xmas to my fav U.Tuber Ilona! As always full of good cheer... Glad you're having a nice 🎅Xmas!
Thank you for posting this video today! It lifted my spirits!
You have helped me a lot over last few years to change to a frugal lifestyle, with your advice on your blogs & vlogs.
Ilona, Thanks for this caring and thoughtful video.
Ilona, It was because of you that I looked at things so differently about being frugal, saving, stretching the dollar as far as I can. I started watching your channel in 2018.
Always look forward to your words of wisdom, even though i am the same age! As you probably know, have followed you from day one.
I can remember watching you on a local television program ages ago, where you were interviewed about being a scrimper….. and I can remember thinking then, as you were showing off your sprout stew, that’s a woman after my own heart!.
What lovely subscribers. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

18 comments:

  1. I like your frugal lifestyle and upbeat personality. I don’t agree with your covid views, but so what? I don’t have to agree with everything people think. All polite comments are welcome in my life. I am pretty sure you agree with that. Different ideas make life interesting. Happy New Year. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People can say what they like. I don't have to publish it. Happy New Year to you.

      Delete
  2. We can disagree without being disagreeable, and time seems to be showing that you were right about vaccinations.
    I enjoy your posts, they make me think.
    Best wishes for the New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nellie. The truth is out and people now have the correct information. They can choose to take note, or decide to ignore it and carry on getting the jabbberwockys. People should be questioning why so many people are getting sick now. Is it seasonal, or is there something else causing it? Follow Dr Peter McCollough. He is campaigning to stop the shots.

      Delete
  3. There are some good people out there Ilona, the mean ones are just unhappy with their own lives and try to project that onto others. Keep doing what you are doing, I for one love you.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right, Briony. There are a lot of good, honest, and caring people out there. I focus on that. It gives me strength. I am blessed that you are one of my precious friends. xxx

      Delete
  4. Debi from Leicester.Thanks for the video Ilona.I always enjoy them!,I know what you mean about the weather.Tuesday was a lovely day here with sun and blue skies.But yesterday and today the rain and wind are back again!.Im hoping that the walking group does start up again.Ive already mentioned it to hubby and he was all for coming with me!!.A couple of years back we were doing daily walks so he seems keen to start doing them with me again....which is a positive in our lives as it stands.Ive got a diary,that my Daughter bought me.It has a full page for every day which is just what I needed for the coming year,so I will be able to log any miles we do it that...instead of trying to squeeze every thing into a little box on a calendar!.Tatty Bye!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debi. It would be good if you could persuade hubby to join you for walks.

      Delete
  5. EDITED

    People always get sick this time of year. And of course most of the people who are sick are vaccinated, because most people are vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ilona that interview when the lady was at your home and you were talking about thriftyness while making a sprout stew was simply fantastic! Lol that was my start of reading your thrifty blogs past and present and the coffee chats have always been something to look forward to.keep up the good workxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jo. It caused quite a stir in the street when the film crew turned up. I had to prepare the stew beforehand. She wasn't impressed, ha ha.

      Delete
  7. I've loved your videos and advice on life for years now. I've even converted my hubby! We watch your videos together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooer, Linda. I can just imagine you sitting up in bed, with your coffees and your laptop. Ha ha.

      Delete
  8. I also forgot to mention that I dilute my washing liquid and conditioner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dilute all liquids. Stretch them that bit further. I even dilute flavoured water.

      Delete
  9. Happy Holidays, Ilona! Thank you for all your posts and videos this past year and for sharing your knowledge and wisdom on various subject matters with us. You are an inspiration to me and an encouragement to look after my health, finances and personal freedom. I wish you a Happy New Year, continued good health and happiness. Love, Margaret in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Margaret. Sounds like a good plan. And a Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.