Saturday 16 December 2023

Watching the sun go down

It's been a nice day here, so once I had done my chores I went a walk to the park. A team of workers were tidying the place up after the event last weekend. Raking up the tons of straw that had been thrown about to soak up the torrential rain. It looked like a terribly boring job, but it had to be done. Apparently there is an event on tomorrow. A running challenge, so there will be dozens of pairs of feet passing through the park. 
The walled gardens have been stripped of most of the plants. It looked quite bare. I'm not sure why Santa's buggy is parked outside the glasshouses. I wonder if it is to be used again before Christmas, or if they have left it there for display purposes. 

The landtrain was still working. I had a chat with the two guys working on it. It looks a bit battered. 

Very basic old tractor. Looks like a rough ride. 

Only a couple of deer visible. The rest were hiding under the trees in the distance. 
I walked through the park to the far end. Choo Choo, train coming. 

I walk in a circle and come back through the woods. It's looking like there is going to be a fabulous sunset. 


The train has gone around the turning circle and is on it's way back to the hall. 
Oh wow, here it comes. Camera ready in hand. How to choose the best pictures.




This one is my absolute favourite. Loving the stark skeletal trees against the fiery orange sky. 

Every few seconds a new scene emerges. 

Keep taking pictures, can't stop. Got to capture it before it disappears.

Now on the way home. I zoomed in to get that tree framed by the two on either side. It reminds me of the Hadrians Wall tree that was chopped down. 

Bye bye sunset. See you next time. 

There's a 'do' going on at the pub this weekend. I walked past it and said hello to a few people. Not my thing, too noisy, music blaring out. It's good to see people enjoying themselves. 

I've had a lovely meal at home, and a glass of wine. 

Enjoy your Sunday. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.  ilona

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos Ilona. Mother Nature at her best.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.