Monday 18 December 2023

Moving forward

 It took a while for me to drop to sleep last night. Normally I am off to the land of nod minutes after my head hits the pillow. I always lay flat on my back, but last night I was tossing and turning, this way and that. I checked the time it was 2.30am. Should I get up and make a drink? No that will make me want to pee. I lay still and eventually dropped off. I woke at 8am. 

There was something on my mind. I don't like puzzles and problems, they throw up a lot of questions. I need to know answers. I process an idea and look for the links to join ideas together. Eventually it starts to make sense, which is where I am at the moment. 

Reading social media, everyone has a tendency to ask the same questions. They go round in circles and end up back at the beginning having not found any credible answers. There are some people however who are bright enough to form their own opinions. The pieces of the jigsaw fit together. There is a lot to be said for thinking outside the box. 

Going down a long and familiar straight road will not throw up any solutions. To follow a path which you are familiar can be a disappointment, unless of course you have your eyes open. How many times have you heard people say, oh, I didn't see that coming? One has to be brave enough to divert, and explore a different landscape. 

It is often said that the answers to questions will be evident after a long period of time. What has happened before will happen again. As I have never studied history, I am more interested in the events that have happened in my own lifetime. We can think about the past, but shouldn't dwell on it. I am all about moving forward, and want to know what comes next. 

Keep your eyes and ears open. Widen your horizons. For me this is unfolding into a real life drama. I have read one book about it, A State of Fear, by Laura Dodsworth. That set me off on a road of exploration. I won't wait for another book, I am living it now. 

Food is served this morning at Crafty Club and I have to get ready. Toodle pip. ilona 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.