Saturday 30 December 2023

New challenge

 And it's a new day, and yes, I am being threatened. Someone does not like what they see on my blog. They have sent me the same comment, and various versions, many times over the last year.  

Unknown commented. Your blog has been reported. Shame on you.

Should I be scared? I am wondering what comes next. Blogs disappearing down a rabbit hole? Thought police coming to my door to drag me off to jail? I'll let you know. 

Anyway, I am able to move on. We are nearing the end of the year, it's time to make plans for the next one. After careful consideration I will be embarking on another 1000 mile walk, starting on the 1st of January. I've had a year off where I have walked but not recorded the mileage. I like to spread my time between a variety of different interests. I can be flexible about how far I walk on a daily basis, and what time of day I walk, morning, afternoon, or evening. I can be flexible about where I walk. Locally I have a two and a three mile route. I can walk out of the village and do a five, six, or seven mile route. I can also drive somewhere else and walk in a new area. 

I use this website to check my mileage if I walk in new territory. After marking it out on a paper ordnance survey map I trace it onto bikehike.co.uk It automatically adds it up. If you use it toggle the map sizes. You want the bigger map on the right hand side of the screen. I have been using it for years. It is free to use. 

Lets get as many people as we can to join in this challenge. There has never been a more important time to look after your own health. I don't want to be ill so I am on a mission. 

I will leave the comments closed for now. If anyone wants to join in I will open it up on February 1st, so participants can log their progress. There is a web site dedicated to join in with others on this challenge. You may wish to sign up for that. It costs nothing. There is lots of inspiration here. 

Anyway, I'm off now. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.