Wednesday 6 December 2023

Scrappy seat cover

My little peg rug is finished. It won't be used as a rug though, too nice for walking on. I wanted a small project to use up some t shirts scraps. The backing is a piece of sacking I got from the Scrap Store. I have covered the back with a piece of red fabric. 


Now where shall I put it. I have three office chairs to choose from. I very rarely sit on the sofa. 


Looks very cheerful, and soft to sit on. I took it to Coffee Morning this morning, because I have been working on it there. Someone asked me if I could make a set of four for her chairs. I think she was joking. Errrr, no actually. They take a long time to make, and I want to move onto something else now. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

6 comments:

  1. Debi from Leicester here.Good Morning Ilona!!.Thats a lovely piece you have done there.I have got a rag rug in front of my kitchen sink.I cant claim to have made it myself though lol,I bought it at a craft fair in Tutbury.One of my cats think that it makes a lovely bed so I have to wait until he wakes up before I can wash the pots up.Thats my excuse anyway....xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debi. I think one of my cats might use this as a bed, but I will not allow that. It would be difficult to clean it because it is so thick. They have enough beds of their own which can be put in the washer when they get grubby.

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous Ilona and as you say far too lovely to walk on. I’m not surprised someone wanted you to make some for them. As you say they are hugely time consuming to make. My Mum made a full sized rug and it really was a labour of love. Great to be able to comment again and have enjoyed all your posts as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back. The delete button has been brought into play again. Ha ha.

      Delete
  3. Mum called them rag rugs. Seeing yours triggered fond memories of her. She passed on the day my younger daughter was born April 1990.

    ReplyDelete

Comments may not be published