Thursday 21 December 2023

Blustery walk

I had an urge to go for a walk this afternoon. It hasn't rained for a few days so I thought the ground would have dried out a bit. Most of it had, except for this bit. I carefully picked my way around the edge of this bogfest. 
The wind was horrendous. Thank goodness I was wrapped up snug in a furry hood. 

I photographed this house a year ago. Once again they have put the red ribbon around it. Save money by re using your decorations every year. 

Back at the village, Angela had invited me for a coffee, so I called in. The wind had battered me for most of the walk, so It was nice to sit down in her warm kitchen. The glass of port with cheese and biscuits was very much appreciated. 

I've got a video to upload, I'll post it tomorrow. 

Toodle pip.   ilona

4 comments:

  1. Debi from Leicester.The winds been really bad here as well.Even the dustbins are being knocked over with one going straight into my car yesterday.The car was parked on my front and didnt do any damage...but it went with one hell of a bang!.It is enough to knock a frail person off their feet.I have got to catch the bus and go into town today to pick up last minute bits like cheese,pork pie ect.and I am dreading it.That house looks lovely though!!Looking forward to your video and I will have my coffee ready to watch it!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you have enough food in. I have to go out and top up the cat food cupboard.

      Delete
  2. Always look forward to your posts with my coffee Ilona I too got totally battered by the wind last night on my half hour walk home from work by the time I got home felt like I had been spun in a tumble dryer lolxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had wrecked my umbrella, but it might be ok if I straighten the bent spokes.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.