Wednesday 20 December 2023

More eating today.

Another Christmas Party to go to today. This time it was the Coffee Morning 'do'. We had it in the afternoon starting at 12noon. This is a large and popular group in the village. It's great, it brings people together. Many of us live alone, so it is something to look forward to every week. 
They laid on a smashing spread, buffet style. Hot home made soup, sandwiches, pastries, and cake. 

I changed my hair colour yesterday, now I am a blondie. 

My dress is 33 years old. I bought it in 1990 when I was invited to the Women of the Year Luncheon at the Savoy Hotel. I have had other dresses since then, but this is the only one I have left. I tend to wear mostly  trousers, and sometimes skirts. This dress means a lot to me, I have some happy memories of it.  

I've dug out this old photo from 2009. I wore it at a Ladies dinner where I was the guest speaker. I've just noticed, I'm wearing the same boots. Chuffin heck. 
No more parties to go to. That's it, done. I can't cope with all the eating involved with Christmas. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress! I am afraid I would no longer fit into a 33 years old dress. It might have shrunk a bit over the years. And your hair looks great, too.
    Hilde in Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilde. Friends were very complimentary of my new hair colour. I wasn't so sure at first, but I think it's ok.

      Delete
  2. Debi from Leicester.Hi Ilona.Well that buffet looks like so much effort has gone into it! So lovely how people come together and do things like this and Im sure a great time was had by all.I am taking my Mam to a 3 course Christmas dinner at our local community shop today so Im looking forward to that.Ive dug one of my Christmas dresses out that I bought about 10 years ago....but its a bit.....snug....it must of shrunk in the wash,lol.So unless I can lose a stone in the next few hours,I will have to sort something else out!.I too love wearing my clothes Ive had a long time with happy memories and your dress looks great!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to wear something loose fitting so you have room for your expending waist after your meal. I love the way you look after your mam.

      Delete
  3. You look fantastic!!! And you wear your boots with pride . ❤️ Inam currently trying to night buy anymore clothing. I have plenty to do me for many many years. When I am home you will find my my frumpy house clothes, for work I wear scrubs and if I have to go to the store I wear exercise type clothing. The dress up clothes rarely get touched and should last me for ages. I am not a Vogue type person lol Fashionable I have never been. You dress looks amazing! It never goes out of style. 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good Illona - no wrinkles and trim figure. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.