Tuesday 3 March 2020

Spiraling problem solved

My lucky day yesterday. I called in to see my friend Mrs A, and she gave me a smallish picture frame. It didn't have a back on it, but it had some depth and a recess around the inside. I have been looking for something to make a picture with the felt spirals, but hadn't found anything suitable. Aha, wonder if they would fit into here, and they did. 
 I mixed up the different sizes and colours. It was tricky to squash them all in because as I pushed them together to add more and close the gaps, they kept springing out. They are squashed up against the glass, nothing else holding them in place.



I put some packing inside the back so they wouldn't move about and dislodge themselves, then closed it up with a piece of strong cardboard, the type used in picture framing.

It's different, it's unusual, and quite quirky. I like it. 16cm x 31cm.

Oscar has beat me to the best chair today. Seems I am third inline for this chair, after Mayze and Oscar. He is a handsome boy.

Well that's sorted the rest of the day out. It was sunny, but now it's raining. I need to make a start on the garden and it's brown bin collection day tomorrow. It might not get filled now. If it's a shower I might pop out for an hour later.
Toodle pip.  ilona

12 comments:

  1. That could almost be Rupert sitting on your chair, I love the picture, very colourful, just how I like it.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been quite tricky trying to get them all evenly spaced out like that.They look amazing!.Its lovely when something comes together like that.Re using at its best!,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous cat Oscar is such beauty - my two are exactly the same Amy and Benny but oh do I love them dearly. Hope you are all well Mayze Heidi Oscar and you dear Ilona. It is lovely to do Arts and Crafts my favourite hobbies too and growing herbs propagation etc...... I am still very frugal and thank you for your inspiration over the years. Lots of love Liz Amy and Benny.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - love the artwork, this one's a real winner! It seems to take time for your ideas to develop and come to fruition and, in this case, the frame prompted a brilliant solution. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am a bit slow at coming up with ideas. Sometimes my head is empty, then one appears.

      Delete
  5. Oscar is lovely isn't he- and very long whiskers or do all pussy cats have them like that?Your new artwork reminds me of those colourful flowers-Ranuculous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually long haired cats have long whiskers. Bog standard moggies normally have shorter ones.

      Delete
  6. Nice! You are so talented!The spirals remind me of Swiss rolls from The Great British Baking Show (that's what it's called in the U.S.). Must be lunch time. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it also and Oscars 'attitude', cats are always entertaining!,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lordy, you are so talented. I love how resourceful you are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your artwork reminds me of sweeties! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.