Thursday 7 April 2022

Repotting the plants

What a wild and windy day today. It went from one extreme to the other. Chucking it down then brilliant sunshine. I got out into the garden for an hour and potted up the new plants. They will have to be moved on to bigger pots, probably by the end of the summer. 
There were four plugs in one pot for £9. I separated them into four plants and put them into in smaller pots. I had one of these last year and it is doing really well. 

Here are the labels. Don't ask me names of plants. I can't remember them, and I am not interested in what they are called. I buy the ones I like the look of. I throw the labels away. 

Lunch today was mushrooms, spiralised courgette, and noodles, on two pieces of garlic bread. A lot of my food is yellow because I put turmeric in it. 
Dinner tonight was half a pouch of sliced potatoes in cheese sauce, with an egg on top. Couldn't be bothered to cook. 
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. The plants already look so nice and healthy. Can’t wait to see them mid summer. 🌸🌺🌼🌻🌺🌸 Forecast here in West Virginia later tomorrow and Saturday…snow❄️❄️❄️❄️. Not lots, but cold and possible freezing mix or snow. Hubby has tillered the ground once and spread some fertilizer. Another couple weeks tiller again and maybe plant some potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plants look fantastic. I've been out in the garden today also and it's been lovely. Warmer than forecasted. I like to grow ornamentals as well as some veg and fruit trees. Also like you, I tend to just plant what I like the look of, though I do try to pick things that will supposedly like the conditions in my yard (sun/shade/dry/moist etc). Where I used to live there was a wonderful huge garden centre that sold almost exclusively annuals at very good prices. They had shelves and shelves of them, and every variety they offered they would have a full grown example of it hanging above, so you could see what was going to grow and the size, colour, shape etc from the little plugs you were buying. Still miss that place! With my veg I almost always make the mistake of seeding things too early (too anxious to usher in the spring!) but my second seeding of spinach, mescluns, peas, and spring onions is going well so far this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.