Tuesday 5 April 2022

Simple. Job done.

Every year for a long time I have been paying for breakdown cover direct to the RAC. Every year the cost went up, and every year I rang them to ask why, and could they do a better deal. They always found a way of bringing it down a few £'s. I got fed up with that and when I was on the phone to my insurance broker, who I have been with for 50 years, I mentioned it to her. She said we can get you the same cover at a discount price. She sent me the blurb and when it next came up for renewal I took her up on the offer. 
I cancelled my payment to the RAC, and now I get it from Vadis Insurance Brokers.  
The RAC kept trying to entice me back for a while, with offers. Little did they know I was still covered by them, but I choose to spend my money elsewhere. I don't know if they have finally discovered what has happened, by cross checking their records, but they have stopped sending me letters. 
I have just come off the phone. It is payment time again. A simple phone call to Vadis and the job is done for another year. The price stays the same, £68. This covers, 
Misfuel
Roadside Assistance
Unlimited roadside repair time. 
Cover for your vehicle while at home. 
Recovery to UK Destination. 
Car hire or alternative transport
Cover in 50 European countries. (I won't be needing that)
Some people might question why I use a broker in the first place, why don't I look for a car insurance policy on the comparison sites. As I said, I have been with Vadis for 50 years, ever since I started driving. They know my requirements, they look for a deal which suits me, and send me a letter every year, I ring them up. I speak to the same person every time. I give them a card number which goes through their secure system, and job done. 
No trawling for hours through a bank of numbers getting a headache, and peace of mind for me. The RAC have looked after me over the years, although I have hardly ever needed them. New battery fitted at home. Recovery from 100 miles away, back home. I broke down on the motorway once and they were there pretty quickly. Can't fault them for that. Luckily we have an orange van in our village, so if he is available it would take a couple of minutes for him to get here. 
Weather not looking too good at the moment. Windy with a sprinkling of rain. I shall carry on sewing a few more buttons on the heart. I finished the last of the pasta and vegetable stew for breakfast. Billy dog walk later. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

5 comments:

  1. For a lot of people getting car insurance through a broker is more expensive, so they tend to chuck these sweeteners in to keep their customers on side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to pay my insurance broker for their service. They have looked after me for 50 years.

      Delete
  2. And I am sure your broker appreciates your patronage and will try and get you the best deal possible. Sometimes membership has its privileges. 😊😊 It’s a win win ☺️☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from Oregon, USA. What's the RAC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Royal Automobile Club.

      https://www.royalautomobileclub.co.uk/

      https://www.rac.co.uk/

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.