Saturday 16 April 2022

Ranby to Retford.

Another walk along the Chesterfield Canal yesterday. I parked at Ranby, just off the A1 busy trunk road. The canal runs along side it for a while so the traffic noise spoils it a little bit at that point. After about half a mile or so the canal veers off to the right, leaving the noise behind. I picked up a leaflet at the permanent moorings there, and headed towards Retford. 
You see this boat coming towards me. As it came closer I recognised the name on the side. It was the same couple who were having problems with clearing the weeds last week at Worksop. What a coincidence that was. The man asked me if I have been wandering around since they last saw me 😃

Look, there are weeds at Retford also. I wonder how far they travel along the canal, maybe from one end to the other. 
I had to chuckle. A pointless stile no longer in use. Shall I climb over it or walk round it. 😂
At this point I needed to get off the canal, as I was coming into Retford. I wanted to look around the town before I headed back to the car by a different route. 
I went through a gate and found myself in a cemetery. I was ready for a sit down and a bite to eat. The cemetery was massive. Have a look at it on this video.
 
Come back tomorrow for a few pics of Retford. I need to go outside and water the pots now. We'll catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. As always, such neat pictures and your walking just blows my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit addicted. My legs work automatically, I don't have to think about it.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.