Tuesday 19 April 2022

Playing with a picture idea

I picked up a handful of white cards from the Scrapstore ages ago. Didn't have any ideas in mind for them at the time. I painted five of them with nail varnish, trying different techniques. Interesting but I could easily get bored if I was to use them all in this way, and what would I do with them when they are finished.
The other morning I woke up with an idea, maybe I could cover them with fabric. I cut some of them into 10cm squares. Hmmmm, interesting. I have done some smaller 5cm squares. Shall I do some plain colours, or make them all patterned. Next I need to work out how to arrange them on a background. Do I put them in a frame, or sew them onto a covered board like the button heart. I see a picture. This idea will probably change course, it might go in a different direction. 

Fabric pulled tight at the back with tiny stitches along the edges which can't be seen at the front. This is the same method of piecing together scraps of fabric to do patchwork ready for quilting, only I won't be removing the card. 

I enjoy playing on the craft table. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. I like the nail polish cards too. Those would make beautiful any occasion cards ♥️♥️😊😊

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.