Wednesday 6 April 2022

Garden Centre visit and a chat

I went to the Garden Centre today, Angela came with me. She has a lovely garden and likes looking around for new plants. I was amazed when we pulled in. They have never had trees in pots this big before. They looked pretty spectacular. It is a small family owned garden centre and this is not something I would expect to see here. Looks like they have stocked up for Easter. 
Only £600. I'm sure there are enough wealthy people who would love these standing at the front door of their mansions. As well as the tree they will have to buy a gigantic pot to accommodate it. 

I made a short detour into Appleby village to take a photo of this cottage. It looks lovely with all the daffs out. 
This is what I bought. Three bags of compost and some plants. Now a few £'s lighter. I have some spare pots and will plant them up tomorrow. 

A coffee chat video which I recorded this morning and set it to upload while I was out. 
After a fabulous meal, made by me of course, I am now chilling with a glass of wine. I have put food out for the hedgehog so I keep looking out of the window hoping I can see it eating. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

8 comments:

  1. I suppose inflation maybe hitting hard. People will find lots of useful and helpful information on your videos. And sometimes a little boost in the bum 🤣🤣. But there are so many ways for people to save. Keep it up mother!!! Wow I have never seen trees that big before in pots. And a big price too lol The artwork is lovely. Your garden haul was very nice and hope you can catch a quick picture of your hedgehog friend. Enjoy your wine and your evening 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be on hedgehog duty every night till I see it again. The trouble is that when I put the light on it frightens it.

      Delete
    2. Maybe if you could find a little cheap solar light. We can sometimes find some at our dollar store (your pound store 😊). And maybe your flash would so quick it couldn’t run first. lol Oh I’m excited to see it☺️☺️

      Delete
  2. Love to see your plants potted up when you're done Ilona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My names kath , hello there i am similar age to you so i remember same things such as coal men exetra i enjoy your blogs and your money saving tips are very useful , thank you wishing you all the very best xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.