Tuesday 12 April 2022

A skip dive.

I spotted a skip in the village. It's on the road outside someone's house. There was something in it which looked interesting, shame to throw it away. I knocked the door and asked the person if I could have it. The answer, yes, take anything you like.
We had a conversation about recycling, and I said I would take things even if I did not have a use for it myself. I could find someone who would like it. They then proceeded to bring more stuff out. They were having a garage and loft clear out. 
I will keep these things for now. They will be useful. The summer house needs a tidy so some of this will go in there. 
The skip will be there for the rest of this week. They said I could take anything from it, so I will have a look every day to see if anything new and useful appears. 

Porridge for breakfast this morning. Toodle pip.   ilona

5 comments:

  1. You have found some useful stuff there, Ilona, and far better to give it a new home rather than send it to landfill. The chair looks great, perfect for your summerhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those items look so nice they could have donated to a charity shop instead of trashing them. I am a believer in recycling to save our planet. It's fun to find free stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great item's the chair looks comfy and that drinks table ideal for your summer house and garden , and putting your ☕coffee on๐Ÿ˜‰
    these are good quality item's Shame to throw away!
    Good fine ilona๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•

    have a blessed afternoon /evening
    Levi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks good. I do love a skip! Hope you find homes for the stuff you don't want to keep.

    Amanda, Sussex

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite often bring things back which my clients have given me and they no longer want. Last week it was two books. I'll be able to find them new homes I'm sure. It's a shame to see people are still just chucking perfectly good stuff out...lots of people round here now leave it out the front with a free sign on it. Arilx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.