Saturday 18 February 2023

A tour of Lotherton Hall

Lotherton is a wonderful Edwardian Country Estate. It's just off the junction where the M1 and theA1M meet, a few miles from Sherburn in Elmet. I remember the old A1 which now runs alongside the motorway, so I take that instead. 
The Hall first came into possession of the Gascoigne family in 1825. In 1968 the Hall was presented to Leeds City Council. There is a lot more information about the history on this Wiki page. 
Can you see me mother. 🙋 


The blinds are all down. I presume it's to protect the furniture from the sun. 

Look at this gorgeous sitting room. I can picture myself sitting there in all my finery, tinkling the little bell to summon the butler to bring me coffee and cakes. Thank you Jeeves. 




Can anyone play the harp? 
Oh what a gorgeous desk. My computer would fit perfectly on there. 

The family portrait has pride of place in the reception. 

I have nine guests arriving for dinner, Jeeves. Please send in the chef so we can discuss the menu. 
Sadly the upper floor was closed to visitors. They are getting it ready for the new spring and summer season. 
All we need now is Terry Miles to give us some boogiewoogie on the piano. 

If you want to know more about Lotherton Hall and what's on in 2023, check out this web page. There are guided tours, arts and crafts collection, and lots more for all the family. Click on one of my pictures to bring them up on full screen as a slide show. Sorry I could not make a video, it wasn't allowed. 
Now, after stuffing my face with a late cooked breakfast I am going to relax in the bath for an hour. Enjoy your weekend. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

1 comment:

  1. It is a beautiful house and the photos are great no video needed.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.