Thursday 2 February 2023

Alternative living

Good morning. My blog is becoming an extension of yooootooob. 😂😁😏I said I like videos from people with alternative lifestyles, so here is another one. James has been pottering around in his van, now he has made the decision to give up his rental house and live full time in it. I think this trend is going to increase as the cost of living will inevitably creep higher and higher. What are people to do if they are sinking further into debt and can't pay their bills. 
There is a row of six rental cottages not far from me, the tenants have been given notice to leave by April. The landlord, a rich man related to an ex Prime Minister, says he wants to put the properties up for sale. The tenants don't have the means to buy the house they live in. There has been other landlords around here wanting to get out of the rental market. 
 I have to say that if I was in a similar situation, and a few years younger, I would be very tempted do the same thing. A travelling adventurer sounds very appealing. 
Time for breakfast. Come back later for some art gallery pics. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ilona, this is a good site to read:-
    https://www.calltoadventure.uk/post/whats-van-life-really-like
    Ironically some of the van dwellers I've met are landlord's, that's how they fund the lifestyle.

    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That's a very good site. Lots of info there.

      Delete
  2. The thing I anticipate is - the various governments will find a way to control the van/nomad life style. Shame that rich owner doesn't give the renters the houses. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think every time people come up with a solution to a problem, the Government will rear it's ugly head and beat people into submitting to a new law that they have just thought up.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely they are always out to get us. Just as well more people are waking up to what is going on and understanding what the plan is all about

      Delete
  3. Hi Ilona I've been watching this man going around in his van he seems to want to make a go of it in the van for now as trying to rent again is so costly.from what I've seen he's got an upbeat attitude.The rents and bills are so high now it's a shame for the young people they will have to work all hours to get anywhere at allx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people will become homeless as costs will continue to rise. I feel sorry for the young ones who haven't a cat in hells chance of getting on the housing ladder.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.