Wednesday 1 February 2023

Walking down Steep Hill

I needed to get warmed up after I finished making the video so I headed for the coffee shop, and enjoyed a Latte and a piece of walnut cake.The houses around the Cathedral are very photogenic. If you want to see some more pics, check out this post from 2016 
In this video I take you for a walk down Steep Hill. Please excuse the wobbly camera work, I was trying to dodge the people. 
I walked through the town centre and over the river. 

And ended up at Brayford Marina. I know a place where I can climb some steps to a balcony to get some better photo's. 

The sun is starting to go down, lighting up the red brick buildings and the Cathedral. 

Now it was time to climb back up that Steep Hill and back to the car. I did get chance to visit the Usher Art Gallery and the Museum. The photo's from those I will put up tomorrow.
 
It was a good laugh at the Coffee Morning this morning. Some new people came. I bought a copy of the Dalesman Magazine from the shop next door and took in with me. After passing it around someone asked if he could have a go at the crossword puzzle. He filled in as many as he could, then I filled in a few more, then I was stuck. It ended up a free for all  with me reading out the clues and anyone else coming up with the answers. Guess what, we managed to complete it. A good joint effort all round.
 
Now I am going to watch another of Richard's interviews. This time he is speaking to Peter Whittle from the New Culture Forum. Always an interesting chap to listen to. I almost forgot, it is Terry Miles birthday today. I made it to his live show on yoootooob, and sent my good wishes. 
Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up tomorrow. Toodle pip.   ilona 

2 comments:

  1. How appropiately named! I go up it on my bike it is savage. Looking forward to the 'Usher' I didn't even realise it was still a going concern yet I only live a stones throw from it.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.