Tuesday 28 February 2023

Bird watching in the garden

It has become a routine in the mornings. The birds come for breakfast, and after I have fed the cats, I then feed the birds. There is the left over cat food which the fussy cats leave in the bowl. I top that up with a handful of dry cat food, some wild bird seed, sometimes a chopped up apple, and/or some grapes. I might break up a slice of bread or some biscuits as well. That gets thrown on the lawn. I don't have a bird table. Then down they come.  
The cats don't seem interested. I am watching in case one of them shows signs of stalking or pouncing. They never do. I am ready to bang on the window just in case. Mayze always watches from the window sill inside. 
I wonder if any hedgehogs will make an appearance this year. I hope so. There are plenty of places at the bottom of the garden under the hedges where they might have been hibernating. 
Wet and windy today. I am making some flowers with plastic and knitting needles. 
Catch ya tomorrow. Toodle pip.  ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.