Monday 13 February 2023

Dashing about

I had a bit of a wobble this morning. Switch the computer on and a blank screen. Oh no, the monitor has packed up. Disaster. I rang my computer man, his wife said he will ring me back. And so he did, an hour later. I had already started a plan B, get the little Samsung Netbook cranked up. Oh lord, I have forgotten how slow that is. It was asking me for passwords to log in. Consult my notes which are so old that most of the sites I used to log into are now defunct. 
I have a spare monitor for the big computer so I brought that down. This might do the trick if I can sort out the leads and swap them over. A spray polish and duster was needed to move the computer into the middle of the desk where I could see the back of it. I don't do much dusting. 
Keith rang me back and I explained what I was doing. He made a few suggestions, I wriggled a few of the leads connected to the back, and bingo, the monitor lit up and was back to normal. I think I might try the other spare monitor because it is bigger than the one I am using. Keith said it is easy to swap the leads over. Big sigh of relief from me. 
I had the bonus of a deer sighting on Saturday. It darted out of the wood and came to a halt in the middle of the field when it spotted me. 
And then it took off. 

No sun as such but I like the way there is a glow coming down behind the dark grey clouds. I am sure those windmills are reproducing. There seems to be more of them. 
Now it's time for lunch, so I'll grab a bite to eat and watch UK Column News while I eat. Thanks for popping in. We will catch up soon. Toodle pip.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. OH!! That second deer picture made me catch my breath in amazement!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moment the deer and your eyes met must have been a very special moment Ilona - I had similar with a hare x

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published after my approval.