Friday 17 February 2023

Visiting Lotherton Hall

Today was sunny but very windy. Not to worry, I'll go out anyway. Every time I see leaflets for days out and exciting adventures I pick some up, then look through them to plan where I might like to go. Today I went to Lotherton, which is just off the M1 in Yorkshire. It took about an hour to get there. The price to get in is £9.50, no reductions for pensioners. You approach it on a long driveway, and pay at the booth, then proceed to the car park. There was some parking close to the house but the spaces didn't look very big, so I went to the overflow car park on the field. Much better. 
This is the back of the house. The gardens looked pretty bare as you would expect in winter. A few heathers and some shrubs.   

The Stables Courtyard has a cafe and gift shop. The stable doors were shut so no horses. The toilets were in the bottom right hand corner. 
This is the front entrance. I thought the back of the house looked better. 

Next to the house is the Chapel. The door is locked so I can't go in. 

There were quite a few people around, it is half term so lots of children having fun. I decided to go to the Wildlife World first. It's like a mini zoo, but mostly birds and some small animals. 




Then I went in the Hall when it wasn't so busy. I took photo's which I will post tomorrow. Video photography wasn't allowed. It's a shame because there was some lovely furniture in there. 
Now chillin with a glass of cider. Tatty byes. See ya tomorrow.  ilona

4 comments:

  1. I love how you are exploring your villages and seeing the beauty everywhere. I’m from the states but I was in London and southwest England in September. I enjoyed it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my mission. So much to see and so little time. The Southwest is lovely, I need to go again.

      Delete
  2. Looks like another fabulous day!!! Here in our part of the US woke up to 50 degree temps and lots of rain. Big drop in the temps now 29 and snowing. lol That’s why they call it wild and wonderful West Virginia ♥️♥️🇺🇸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the headlines in the news here this morning is that we should expect blizzard conditions coming our way. I don't believe them.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.