Saturday 25 February 2023

More freedom

 Good morning. Something has to change here. Every morning, and sometimes during the day, I open up the Comments for Moderation box and wonder what rude and insulting words I am going to find there. Who is going to have a go at me now? Anonymous people who are afraid to add their name, are they scared to be found out? When a nasty comment comes in less that an hour after I have published a post, I know that these vultures are waiting for the next opportunity to attack me. 

Some ask why I don't publish comments with opinions that differ from my own. As I have said before, this is my personal diary, I am not here to provide a platform for debate. Anyone can start their own blog if they wish to voice their own thoughts. Or they can visit another blog which is happy to discuss, or a forum for the particular subject they are interested in. I don't have time to get involved with lengthy discussions. 

The world is divided. Those who were born into a free society, and those whose freedoms have been limited by a dictatorship. The internet has opened up the world to everyone who has access to a computer. I am all for free speech but I can see the value of having some kind of censorship. There are a lot of evil people out there who's toxic ideas will bring about the destruction of our old and stable life as we know it. A war of cultures is happening. 

I have never understood the 'far right' and the 'far left' labels. I sit in the middle. Common sense is my religion. There will always be a clash of personalities and ideas in communities, whether small and local, or national, or large international institutions. To put everyone into a big melting pot and expecting peace and harmony, isn't going to work. 

Anyway. I wake up each morning with a fresh mind and look forward to each day as it happens. I will not be bogged down with all the negativity flying around. There will be times when I block all comments. That gives me a little bit more freedom to do and say exactly what I like. 

There are some lovely people who visit my blog, and I thank you for your friendship. You know who you are. 

Here is a picture of a firm I used to work for. They recently moved an Electric Bus from Portsmouth Docks to London. It's good to see the company is still going strong. Yes, I had a licence to drive that. My experience over three years went up to 80 tonnes. This is heavier. 

Enjoy your weekend. Toodle pip.   ilona 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.