Sunday 21 March 2021

A weekend in the garden.

It's been a lovely weekend for being outside. On Friday I went to a Garden Centre to buy some plants for my raised beds and pots. It's a small family owned garden Centre, eight and a half miles away, is that allowed for a non essential journey. It was lovely to have a drive out somewhere. It was late afternoon and only a couple of people there. I enjoyed the browsing. 



I spent some dosh. I wanted some heathers but they didn't have any. Some of the plants were quite expensive. I chose some evergreens. 
All lined up on the table in the garden. some for the pots and some for the raised beds. I bought some Lavenders, Hebe, Arenaria, Carnations, and an Osmanthus Heterophyllus Goshiki. I am no good with plant names, or where's the best place to plant them, or what soil they need. I read the labels and stick them where they fit best. 
Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon were spent in the garden in lovely sunshine. 
The sunset last night was glorious. 
This morning I spent two hours litter picking around the village. I knew there would be a mess to tidy up because I came across the youngsters last night waiting to get in the takeaway. Half eaten food was lying around on the steps to the Methodist Church, at the Lychgate, by the War Memorial, with broken bottles at the church door. Someone had very kindly ate their meal but puked it up next to the litter bin outside the pub. I went back home to get some water to swill it away. There doesn't seem to be a cure for the litter problem. 
My Census form finally arrived after phoning for it twice. Filled in ready to go in the post tomorrow. I like to scrutinise forms to make sure I have filled them in correctly. Can't rush these things. 
I think we have some more warm weather on the way. That will be nice, more time in the garden. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.  ilona 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. I got outside some too here in the states where it was 64 degrees and sunny. I think it makes all of us happier when spring arrives. Hugs from America

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice when the sun shines.It always make you feel better!,We have had a nice weekend here in Leicester,A bit chilly but the sun has been lovely until about 3.30,then the clouds come over.This morning though,I noticed that the cars had got a slight frost on them!.Your plants look lovely and lavender always grows well.I love it because it always attracts the bees.I have had mine in the the garden for about the last 8 years and it really spreads.On my walk from my Mams,someone had put a free plant on their front wall,with a note on it saying..Free,Peace Lily.So I brought it home,googled how to look after it and it is now sitting on my unit in the kitchen.I pushed a thank card through their door the next day saying that it would be well loved and looked after!..I know what you mean about litter problems.Around where I live,it is getting worse by the day.Coke cans,broken bottles,crisp packets ect.Just what is wrong with these people?.No respect for the area they live in,leaving it dangerous for children,animals or anyone for that matter,cutting their selves on broken glass.If I knew who they were,I would sweep it up and dump it on their doorstep.They could live in their own filth then!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend with some sunshine and fresh air .your garden looks lovley just right for you and the fur baby's.i went a bit further from home too this Sunday I drove about four miles to a beach area as a change of scene does you good.x

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.