Friday 19 March 2021

Funky art. Mayze steals the show.

I've just finished this new art. A black board with coloured plastic pieces stuck down with a hot glue gun. It took me a while to work out how to put it together it. I kept changing my mind and trying different arrangements. There are some Lego pieces, the flowers are Christmas tree lights painted with nail varnish, and the other pieces are from kids games. The arrangement of Lego in the middle is the International Space Station. It's hovering above the new planet which we are all going to move to. The four wise men are the elders who govern the planet, and the cabin with the steering wheel is the shuttle which transports supplies from planet earth.







There you go, that's finished. I've still got lots of bits and bobs to stick on a board. I will put them away because I fancy doing something else now. The painting is not going too well, I can't find any enthusiasm for it. If the weather is ok over the weekend I have some gardening to do. I haven't received my paper census form in the post, so I have ordered it again. I've just put a veggie burger under the grill, a spud will go in the microwave shortly, I fancy beans with that tonight. 
Thanks for popping in. Have a good weekend. Toodle pip.   ilona

11 comments:

  1. Another lovely piece with a story of how you see it!.Very bright and I also like how you tell us where you get the pieces from.Bits and bobs that would have been thrown away,made into something creative.Mayze really is a darling!.Thank you for the video,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your beer Ilona. x Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cat is really lovely. You are very lucky. Mine is a rescue, also a calico cat and I still can’t pick her up after 4 years but I can stroke her if I out my hand out and wait for her to come to me and she will creep on to the end of my bed and sleep there at night now so some progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some cats are independent. Oscar will come onto my lap on his terms, but he doesn't want me to pick him up.

      Delete
  4. Your cat is really lovely. You are very lucky. Mine is a rescue and also a calico cat but I can’t pick her up even after 4 years. I can stroke her if I wait for her to come to me and she does creep onto the end of my bed during the night and sleep there most nights which is some progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoy your videos..they are very relaxing and your art is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this! The colors are so fun! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's grand to see how you two love one another! She is a beautiful cat and you have given her a happy life as well as she giving you as much joy. I cannot imagine you living alone without the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just go online and use the code on your original letter to do your census. Honestly it's so quick to do and the information gathered is the same as if you did it on a paper copy. I did both mine and my husband's in about 10 mins, it's very straightforward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is straight forward, but I am not a straight forward kind of person.

      Delete
  9. Lovely job on the artwork and another nice video to watch in these mad times. Mayze is adorable. I have 4 cats 3 are rescues. The 2 male rescues took time to come around and don't like being picked up but are fine fine with me petting them and they sleep at the end of my bed some times and will sit on the sofa with me now and then,

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.