Tuesday 16 March 2021

Both sides of Rain Dove

Good morning. The weather has changed again, it's raining and dull. 
Violence against women is on the agenda again, after the recent terrible murder as reported in the news. I am often asked about how I look after my safety when I am walking alone. This is a post I wrote in 2014, copied from a previous post in 2013. 
I am not going to repeat myself today, but as I have had a lot of interaction with men, I sort of know how their minds work, well most of them. 
In 2011 I talked about androgyny in this post. I am interested in how males/females interact with each other. It's a good idea to study what makes the opposite sex tick, so that nothing comes as a surprise when something unexpected happens. 
Of course we will never know exactly what is going on in someone's head. A lot of it can be predicted through study, but there will always be someone who slips through the net, and manages to hide their true feelings. This idea that men are the attackers and women are the victims is not quite true. There are a lot of good men out there, and good women. 
A lot has been talked about gender neutral, non binary, transsexual, and all the other orientations that are out there. I came across this video, which puts another slant on the subject. What is it like to be born as a biological female but have the appearance of a male? Rain Dove is a brilliant inspiration, she talks a lot of sense. 
Rain hovers between the two genders. She was brought up on a farm, in a poor family, and took on all the masculine roles of looking after the animals. She always thought she was an ugly girl and didn't fit in anywhere. She was a firefighter for almost a year and managed to fit in with her male colleagues as one of them. Then she found modelling and found her niche. People think she is a trans woman but she isn't. As she says, I am me. 
Rain has the best of both worlds, she can present as either male or female. What comes out of her mouth is love and kindness. Because she has lived in both worlds she sees everything from both sides. It's a pity we can't all do that. 

Food for thought, eh! 
Thanks for popping in. I am flippin hungry, must eat. Tatty byes.   ilona

4 comments:

  1. Have you seen the latest 'Old man in a chair' Ilona. Very interesting.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have Briony. He has his finger on the pulse. I am keeping up.

      Delete
  2. A while back, Rain Dove did a you tube video on how to stretch 1 month of average food stamps for 2 months, in a regular, not generic, New York City grocery store. The actual trip starts at 5:05 into the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZuu3JPzXM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed some of your posts, so I've been reading them. What you wrote about drivers, sight, earing, ( I have accurate earing, but I'm shortsighted, always was a bit afraid of driving, I've difficulty in night sight), than followed your walking, the huge trees, and ended here. I like to write, but I know you don't appreciate long comments!!So I shortenned and just say, I'm please to have found you, over the recycling duvets, you are a good person. You can understand this the way you like ! Best wishes Ilona!!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.