Saturday 20 March 2021

Mr Crisp

 What a beautiful morning. I have just finished some bunting which I started ages ago but didn't get round to completing the job. I have a lot to do, sorting out the garden, I bought some new plants that need potting up. Some will go in the beds to fill in the bare patches.  I might fit in a walk later. 

Last night I did something that I haven't done in a long time, I watched a film. it appeared on my side bar, it is just over an hour long. I made time to watch it. I might have seen it before but it was a long time ago, probably forgotten most of it by now. 

John Hurt was a very fine actor, I like all of his films. In this one he plays Quentin Crisp, it's the second part of his life, An Englishman in New York. So I put my feet up, relaxed in my posh office chair and immersed myself in the New York scene. 

I might re visit the first film, A Naked Civil Servant, as I think there is a lot to be learnt from his philosophy on life. 

I won't put the video here, you can find it on yooootoooob if you copy and paste the link into your address bar. . 

https://youtu.be/2dYdHkMusM8

Now I will go out into the garden and sort out the plants I bought, and decide where to put them. Enjoy your weekend. Toodle pip.   ilona 

5 comments:

  1. I loved Quentin Crisp's attitude to housework. It went something along the lines of "after the first 6 months it doesn't get any worse."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That story sticks in my mind when I look around my house. He said after four years the dust doesn't get any worse. I am testing his theory.

      Delete
    2. Ilona: The theory definitely works. Just make sure you don't move anything, such as an ornament, without putting something else in its place.

      Delete
    3. Even the cobwebs in my house have dust on them.When any spiders emerge out of them,they have to shake them selves like a wet dog,xx

      Delete
  2. Very good film John Hurt was a brilliant actor. I keep saying to myself I must do some dusting or whatever and with other chores to do as I care for my disabled husband and two cats run out of time and end up not doing that job. This happens a lot and is frustrating so Quentin Crisp has got a point its not that important after all. Hope you and the lovely fur babies are fine. Love Liz Amy and Benny.xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.