Wednesday 27 October 2021

Useful information?

 In January 2022 the Government are launching a new App to help people make positive changes to their diet and physical activity. A pilot will see users wear wrist-worn devices that can generate personalised health recommendations such as increasing their step count, eating more fruit and vegetables, and decreasing portion size. 

Users will collect points for their healthy behaviours, which will unlock rewards, which could include gym passes, clothes or food vouchers and discounts for shops, cinema or theme park tickets. 

Check out the rest of it on the Government web site. Be ready for it so you know what's coming. This is a Social Credit system being brought in. This is about training people like you would with a dog, with treats.

Following a competitive tender process, HeadUp has been chosen to deliver the new scheme, with £3 million also coming from the Department of Health and Social Care to provide incentives. 

Check out the HeadUp web site. They are a data science company that applies itself to people's health. Quote...We have all sorts of thoughts about health care, how it should look, how it should feel, how it should taste. We are not here to fall in line with the status quo, we're here to re-engineer.' 

Think about the word re-engineer, it is important. 

Thank you to Hugo Talks. You can find his video on this here

I will not be getting a smart phone, I will not be getting an app, I will continue to monitor my own health. Now off for a walk. Catch ya later.   Toodle pip.  ilona

23 comments:

  1. I read the government link to the end at it says it's a 6 month trial in an as yet an unspecified location - my guess is a northern city.
    I'll not be adding that app to my phone just like I didn't add the ridiculous test and trace one which has been called a failure anyway.
    I can remain overweight quite happily thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do your own thing Sue. You are a free spirit.

      Delete
  2. I'll be doing my own monitoring using my common sense. This is aimed at young people who are easy to brainwash and like to have a new gadget. I will have to subsidise their gym passes and cinema tickets, unfortunately (sigh)

    Amanda, Sussex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that some young ones will see it as a novelty at first. They will get fed of it, hopefully. Who would want to follow instructions from a Government App forever.

      Delete
  3. Not for me ilona. i won't be dictated by government ,on how to LOOK after my own health and lifestyle sadly many people will go along like sheep blinded to what the government are doing
    ie #trying to #control your #Life .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a trial. I hope most people will realise that it is just the beginning.

      Delete
  4. That's all very communist China. They can stuff it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It needs everybody to say no, then the trial goes no further and comes to a halt.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's an insult to human intelligence. Treating us all like cattle.

      Delete
  6. Now that is something that I really would object to. It feels a bit creepy doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dead creepy. Getting instructions from a phone.

      Delete
  7. Wow! That is scary to me. I can see penalties coming for people who fail to comply with "training". It looks like it's being spun to educate people about the rewards given.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a version of this in China. They are a lot further ahead with it than we are.

      Delete
  8. This is what they are pushing for all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This jogs my memory to something I read years ago.it said in years to come the government would track our shopping at the checkout and log how many unhealthy snacks and foods we had purchased.it was linked to our reward loyalty bonus cards we use at Tesco Sainsbury and they the government would then know what unhealthy products we bought regularly.i can see control and more control coming without people realising what's happening.i hate the thought of being monitored and watchedx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you mention it, I think the main purpose of loyalty cards was to track what you buy, so they could sell you more of the same. This would be another version to wean you off the junk.

      Delete
  10. In WWII, when the govt wanted people to eat healthy, they made sure that people had equitable access to healthy foods, published all kinds of pamphlets & articles. & had volunteer demonstrators.
    BUT THE INIATIVE FOR FOLLOWTHROUGH was left in peoples' hands.
    This money could be better spent in shoring up the social safety net, rather than in corporate consultants & gadgets!!
    Follow the money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more. I'm all for eating healthy, but it is not up to the Government to make it compulsory.

      Delete
  11. We have no NHS here so we have to pay for health insurance. I am sure that the insurance companies buy the information about what we are shopping. That is why I pay everything possible in cash and don´t have any reward cards etc. I try to leave no traces!
    Hilde in Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be right in your thinking. The more they know about your lifestyle, the more they can tighten the screws. I will stick with using cash as much as I can.

      Delete
  12. Thank you CHM. You have to be smarter than your smart phone these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.