Monday 25 October 2021

Home made peanut butter.

This is how I make peanut butter. Two packets of salted peanuts in a Kenwood Chef, whizz until the required texture is achieved. I put it in the fridge just as it is, and dip into it whenever I fancy some.
It stiffens up a bit in the fridge so if you want it soft whizz for a bit longer. If you want it crunchy whizz for less time. 
I tried it with plain unsalted peanuts, it works. I also washed the salt from the peanuts and dried them in a clean tea towel. That works also. It's a matter of try it and see which method suits you best. You can add a spoon of oil, but there is no need, there is enough oil in the nuts. 
Looks like good walking weather so I am off for a ramble. 
Catch ya later.   Toodle pip.    ilona

8 comments:

  1. I used to make peanut butter, but had forgotten I did until I read your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I found the peanuts at the back of the cupboard. They were out of date so this prompted me to use them.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Illona, will definitely give this a try x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only peanut butter I buy is from Aldi and is 100% peanuts nothing else. A lot of the manufacturers changed to using plastic jars instead of glass, and adding palm oil.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works really well. Of course it can be put into a clean jar. I am too lazy for that.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy, ilona
    Can YOU hear me mother😆

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.