Friday 8 October 2021

Checking out Lochboisdale.

Moving on to South Uist, I wanted to check out Lochboisdale. The roads are mostly single track, with passing places. It can get pretty frustrating having to keep pulling over, but that's what must be done. It's a much slower and leisurely way of life on the islands. I didn't see any signs of aggressive or impatient driving. I was on holiday, the locals must get a tad miffed by slow coaches like me getting in the way. I endeavoured to pull in and let someone pass if they came rushing up behind me. 
Two vehicles coming towards each other might both pull into a passing place, then wait to see which one makes a move first. That's ok if neither of them are in a particular hurry. Mostly there is lots of hand waving and smiling as you pass each other. 
Boats come into Lochboisdale from Tobermory and Castlebay on Barra. None came  when I was there. 
The gift shop was not open. It is coming towards the end of the season, and it was a Sunday.  
 It's a twenty minute walk to the Marina, and a lovely sunny day meant I got some nice pics. 



It was quiet around the hotel. Around the back they are doing some cosmetic upgrades with wooden cladding on the outside of the sun lounge. 

Piles of brand new ropes caught my eye. 


A few clouds but nothing to worry about. The shades of grey add to the overall look of the picture. Click on any picture to pull up a full screen slide show. 

Next, onto the southern most tip of South Uist, and over the Causeway to Eriskay. 
I hope you have a nice weekend. If this sun holds out for a few more days it should be a good opportunity to go out. 
Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.  ilona

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ilona, love the pictures of your adventure! Looks like your having a great time. It was nice surprise to run into a friend so far from home. And glad you got that battery fixed! Enjoy your trip and be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ilonaπŸ‘πŸ’›πŸ’—πŸŒŠπŸŒŠ
    Lovee the photo's
    It looks a tranquil place -looked like you had a brilliant time we have to make the best whatever the weather is like wainwright once said I believe 😊
    the-Outer heberdies is on my list of places to visitπŸ’―..
    Have a blessed Saturday ilona -meanqueen

    Best wishes Levi xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.