Thursday 28 October 2021

Afternoon in the garden

I've been catching up with some jobs in the garden this afternoon. It was windy but not too cold. I got the big step ladder out to reach the top of the conifer hedge at the bottom end of the garden. Hazel was busy on the other side mowing her lawn. As I was standing on the step ladder I could see right across there. When she finished mowing we had a chat across the hedge and fence between us. 
I found a silver beady curtain in a skip last week. I thought I might put it in the house porch, but it is too wide. Now it is in the Summer House. It's perfect in there. 
It was starting to get dark when I took this picture. I put the big butterfly back up again. I took it down to paint the door, but then found I didn't have any suitable paint in a nice colour, so it will have to stay dark green for now. The neighbours cat has decided he quite likes the shelter and has taken it over. Oscar has claimed the other shelter in the porch of the Summer House. 

There's not a lot to do in the garden now. I don't think the grass will need mowing again. A bit of hedge trimming will keep it tidy. I thought I might get a small greenhouse to put in place of the garage, but I am getting to like the extra space I have. 

Thank you for popping in. Bye for now.   ilona

2 comments:

  1. I like your curtain and I love your garden it is so colourful. I am going to make a lot of changes in the garden this year to make it easier for me. Fortunately I don't have grass but the shingle needs to be sorted. I love just pottering about now, I have about 12 large pots with quite a few that are empty I am going to plant them with small shrubs to save weeding so much. Hazel 🌈🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are exactly right about the bead curtain...it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.