Monday 18 October 2021

Wot I did today, and a video

I have a new battery in my watch at a cost of £8. All I have to do is set it at the right time. It's a Casio watch with buttons on the sides. I never know which ones to press when I have to change the time. Can't complain though, the watch was free, I found it in a country lane about 20 years ago. Keeps perfect time. 
Two big bags of unwanted stuff donated to the Scope Charity Shop. It was a bit of a trek up the High Street with them, but the shop nearest to the car park I use has closed. 
I had a quick hello with the young lady who works on the Sky stand in the shopping precinct. I used to chat to her every time I went into town, but as I don't go there very often now, and she hasn't been there through the lockdowns, I haven't seen her for ages. Glad to see she is back working at her job. 
The Home Bargains in town was too busy, I gave that a miss, and drove out to the branch at a retail park. The shop there is much bigger and easier to avoid people. Stocked up on cat food and a few bits for me. I didn't get much change out of £100. Good job I withdrew the cash from the Post Office this morning. 
I set this video to upload while I was out. It's from a local walk I did on Saturday. I recorded three, this is the third one, that's why it has a funny start. I'm not sure whether to upload the first two, I might not. I will look at them again. 
Dinner tonight is a portion of very tasty veg stew with noodles. Catch ya tomorrow, or the day after, or the day after that, depends what I feel like doing. 
Toodle pip.   ilona

8 comments:

  1. I loved your video. You are so interesting and it amazes me how you just keep going! I have not been on blog for a while but the garden is all done and so is the canning so I am hoping to have more time to chat. Love the walks.
    Car

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back. My garden has stopped growing so I don't have a lot to do outside now. More time for arts and crafts.

      Delete
  2. I can't see your video, it says "Looks like Youtube has closed the connection" - never seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see it on the blog, and on yoootooob.

      Delete
  3. That video was a bit like a Scary Movie LOL, with all the dark and the lights flashing and the spooky looking moon. Most enjoyable :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. Good job it is a short stretch through the wood and I am familiar with it.

      Delete
  4. Nice -))you chatted to the girl ilona nice seeing familiar faces isn't it 💞

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.