Friday 15 October 2021

Start the day with a treat

A change of breakfast this morning. It's always a bit of a hit and miss affair when opening an avocado. Will it be edible or will it have gone past it's best and be black and mushy. I don't buy them very often because of the uncertainty. I took some back to Aldi once because they were inedible. The assistant was not best pleased. She said I had left it too long before I opened them. This one is fine. 
I love sesame seed oil and drizzle it on some meals. I don't use it for cooking. I have just bought a new bottle, and find that it has gone up by 20p since the previous one. It's a treat and I use it sparingly. I like the nutty flavour. 
A slice of toasted seeded bread, topped with avocado and a drizzle of oil. A nice change for breakfast. 


 Looking like a sunny day ahead. I think I may have to go out. Where are the maps. 

Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

3 comments:

  1. I thought it was Brussels !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know that feeling of cutting open an avocado!
    Avocado on toast is great. I usually use olive oil but am going to try sesame oil now (have no idea why I have never thought of it before as I love its nutty taste as well).
    Hope you had an enjoyable walk in the sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few years back my Grandaughter showed me how lovely avocado on toast was.She mixed it with garlic and a bit of black pepper and using your words Ilona..it was delish!.Only thing is,since then I made the mistake of buying them cheap..6 for £1 on the market.They were all rotten inside.But I did keep the stones and grew one successful plant from it.Which then died after a year,lol xx.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.