Sunday 3 October 2021

Lucky find.

I found some more fly tipping on Friday. Bags of gravel. Now it so happens that I have been checking on prices to buy some, to cover the concrete base of the garage which was removed. It was around £70 for a one ton bag. This has been scraped up off someone's driveway, and probably replaced by some fancy block paving. A cowboy job no doubt, dump the old stuff in the countryside.  
Luckily for me they have dumped it on tarmac. Saturday morning I was down there shovelling it up. 
That's the first load. 

Spread it out, pick out all the bits of roots and rubbish in it. 

Then the rain came and I couldn't go back for more. This morning however it was sunny, so I picked up two more loads. There was also some bags of slate chippings, which I have spread around the edges. My friend Paul came to unload the car for me, as my back was aching with all the bending and shovelling and lifting it into the car. 
It's looking a whole lot better. Not bad eh! Cost nothing. I like free stuff. 
A light lunch today. Spud in the microwave, baked beans, egg, pasta salad, lettuce, and houmous. Very nice. 
I've been a walk this afternoon, six miles. Saw a deer. I think it has escaped from the herd in the park. I saw it run across the road in front of me, and into a field. 

Back into the village to catch a lovely sunset. 

All in all a pretty good day. I'll be back tomorrow with some more holiday pics. Bet you can't wait. Thanks for popping in. Toodle pip.   ilona

12 comments:

  1. Lucky finding the gravel and a bonus that you tidied up the countryside. Looks nice in your garden lovely job xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunset. The gravel was a handy find. I am not long back from Lyme Regis. The weather was very dramatic and stormy, apart from one day. I had a brilliant time. I just wanted some normality really, so I could forget about what is going on. Brilliant news about Gladys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is off the scene for a while. Hopefully they can make something stick. Hopefully the first of many.

      Delete
  3. Isnt it great when you can come across something for free and make good use of it.Your garden looks like its coming on really well.Your meal has made me hungry so I am off to make myself some breakfast now!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a matter of tweaking the garden now. If I find another door I might make an update on the summer house, because I have got one plastic roof panel left.

      Delete
  4. Pleased you got a lot of gravel and your garden us looking good.
    Well it's nice and sunny at the moment washing is on. It is singing day this morning and after that I hope to tidy up in the garden, I have lots of beautiful large yellow flowers which have all broken down in the wind so that's one job to be done before the garden rubbish comes on Wednesday.
    Hazel 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Ilona for your resourcefulness, great find.
    watch that back though you don't want to be out of action.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a lifetime of practice, Briony. Thank you for your concerns.

      Delete
  6. The reuse of the dumped stone is fabulous. Well done Ilona. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased with the result. It all looks a lot tidier now.

      Delete
  7. I read this post just after the one about replacing your key battery. My mind hadn't shifted back from Scotland when I started reading it. Until I realized you were writing from home, I thought you'd found the gravel in Scotland and hauled it home! Well, you might, LOL! Don't you hate it when people just dump stuff? Although in this case, it certainly worked to your advantage.

    OK, please tell this Yank who is Gladys and what do you hope they can make stick??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am at home. I do my write ups after I am back. It takes some time because there are so many photo's.

      She is the Premier of New South Wales. She has had to resign because some of her ministers are under investigation for receiving payments from AZ and Pf to push the jabberwockys. Get my drift. If you follow my R page, link at the top, it's there.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.