Tuesday 5 October 2021

Breath easy recipe.

 Me again. I've just found a recipe for a drink to clear blocked sinuses and free up congestion in the throat. Doctor Mandel posted a video in March 2021 and gave the recipe. It has had over three and a half million views, and 4757 comments. They all say how much it has helped them. I'm going to give it a try. You can watch the video here.  

Catch ya later. 

This simple healthy elixir can help all respiratory problems by reducing mucus congestion in the sinuses, chest, and lungs. This will help in opening the airways so more oxygen can make its way to the lungs. Wishing you healing and good health! Dr M

Thank you, Dr. Mandell. Here is the recipe: 1 cup hot or warm water, ½ lemon juiced, 1-2 teaspoons honey, 1Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon;  STEPS: 1-To water add the honey and cinnamon first; 2-Then add the lemon & oil and mix thoroughly up; 3-immediately drink it, preferably first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach.


3 comments:

  1. I'll be really interested to see if anyone finds this helpful for respiratory congestion as I've never seen olive oil added to a drink for this issue before. The plants I usually recommend for sinuses are thyme and horseradish and the easiest way of taking horseradish is in Fire Cider Vinegar by taking 2tsps of the vinegar with 2tsps of honey in a mug full of boiling water. There are loads of Fire Cider recipes around and I have one on my blog, Tales of a Kitchen Herbwife. It often suggested that if you have excess mucous, then removing dairy from your diet will help. If you've got deep seated lung congestion, then elecampane root and mullein leaves in a tea/infusion are really helpful. Elecampane root infused honey is really good, especially for kids. If someone can enlighten me as to why olive oil might be helpful, I'd be grateful. I do wonder if someone has mistaken the oil for olive leaf, which is a well known anti-viral. The oil smacks a little too much like those who recommend ingesting large amounts of olive oil to effect a gall bladder/liver cleanse, which is very dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you watch the video on youtube there are lots of comments.

      Delete
  2. Im lucky that I never really catch coughs and colds,but on the rare occasion I have,I have just had hot water,a drop of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey.If there isnt any lemon or honey in the house,I just have a cup of hot water...cause Im too frugal to buy the other stuff,lol,xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.