Friday 15 October 2021

A visit to Kirton in Lindsey

What could be better, a sunny start to the day so let's go out. I quickly stuffed a few things in my little backpack and took the scenic route to Kirton in Lindsey. It's a small town just off the A15 between Scunthorpe and Lincoln. I used to spend a lot of time here at my then boyfriends place. I haven't been here for ages. First stop was to call in for a natter. Was nice to catch up with him. 
Then I went for a bimble, St Andrews Church is beautiful. Big trees are in the way, it's difficult to get a picture of the whole building. I remember we went to a midnight mass one Christmas Eve here. 



Ooooh look what I have spied. Now there's a real vintage truck. I had a job driving one of these, it was an eight wheel tipper. The gear box was hellish. It sounded like a bag of spanners when I was behind the wheel. Crunch and grind. This one doesn't have any mirrors which makes me chuckle. I managed to knock both mirrors off on the iron stanchions when I was shunting underneath a hopper trying to level the load of gravel out.  
There is a plaque on the end of this sculpture which explains what it is. I can't remember what it said. The flower beds are very well kept. 

The Town Hall. 

Mount Pleasant Windmill was not open. Shame, I would have bought some home made bread here. It is probably closed for the winter now. 


A couple of hundred yards along the road is a footpath, going down the edge of a field towards the Railway Station. I turned round and looked back and saw this picture of the Mill. I was able to zoom in. Shame about the telephone wires going across the picture. 

I have a lot of good memories of Kirton. It was nice to revisit it. 
Then it was time to go home. I could see that it was going to be a great sunset. I didn't quite make it to my favourite spot at the church for a photograph, but stopped the car and snapped this one between two trees. 
Another week gone. Have a good weekend everyone. Thanks for popping in.We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.   ilona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.